Sony has recently released the latest true wireless model from their popular and award-winning 1000X series. The new Sony WF-1000XM5 is the company’s flagship True Wireless Earbuds and it promises many bests, including best noise cancelling performance on the market, as well as Sony’s best ever call quality. All of this - along with cutting-edge technology and next-level immersive sound - has been packed into a smaller and lighter design.
With this new launch, Sony has unveiled the brand tagline, “For The Music” across its audio range. They’ve also partnered with global singer, actor, and songwriter, Miguel who shares how WF-1000XM5 earbuds are “For The Music”. “As a music lover and a music creator, the WF-1000XM5 earbuds really surprised me in terms of bass, clarity, and overall dynamic range. I enjoy the ability to personalise and craft my own sound, and these earbuds deliver an authentic music listening experience,” says Miguel. “Plus, the noise cancelling gets rid of any unwanted noise.”
Noise cancellation in TWS earbuds is relatively new, but the technology has come a long way since! With Sony’s expertise in music, it’s no surprise that they’ve raised the bar yet again and delivered the best noise cancelling performance on the market. The WF-1000XM5 earbuds now feature three microphones on each earbud, including dual feedback mics, which improve low-frequency cancellation performance. Additionally, newly developed by Sony, the Integrated Processor V2 unlocks the potential of the HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN2e. The unique combination of technology controls the six microphones, across both ears, to deliver top-notch noise cancelling quality that can be adapted to perform best in your surroundings.
Sony's always excelled when it comes to sound quality and their latest WF-1000XM5 earbuds are no exception. They've engineered a special Dynamic Driver X for crisper, detailed sound-giving, delivering rich, full vocals. Thanks to a diaphragm structure combining several different materials, you get highs that are crystal clear and rich bass with low distortion. The WF-1000XM5's also have support for High-Resolution Audio Wireless thanks to LDAC, as well as DSEE Extreme™ to upscale compared digital music in real time. Plus, with the 360 Reality Audio feature, these earbuds teleport you right into the heart of the music for an immersive audio journey!
Finally, we need to touch on Sony’s best ever call quality. The WF-1000XM5 earbuds use Precise Voice Pickup Technology and sophisticated audio processing to keep your voice crystal clear on all your calls - even in noisy environments. They utilize AI and machine learning, incorporating a noise reduction algorithm developed from over 500 million voice samples to fine-tune noise suppression and amplify your voice. Bone conduction sensors in the buds isolate your speech from background sounds for clear communication, regardless of the surroundings.
How do these compare to their predecessor - the WF-1000XM4?
- Much improved ergonomics
- 25% smaller
- 20% lighter
- Case reduced in size by 15%
- More flexible, more comfortable foam eartips
- Now includes Extra Small (XS) size
- Improved Active Noise Cancellation
- 6x microphones + 2x brand new Sony processors
- Integrated Processor V2
- HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN2e
- New dual feedback microphones
- Reduced wind noise
- Better at analysing and blocking low frequencies
- Better at cutting down on everyday street noise
- Improved sound quality
- New 8.4mm dynamic drivers, Sony “Dynamic Driver X”, up from 6mm in WF-1000XM4
- Improved tonal accuracy, deeper bass reproduction, enhanced highs
- Much-improved call quality with a new environmental noise cancellation algorithm
- Improved daily functions
- Faster charging – charge for just 3 minutes, listen for up to 1 hour
- Dedicated pairing button on the case
- Multipoint available from launch – with LDAC support
- LE Audio support available from launch
- Head tracking for spatial audio available in select apps, Android only